Infonetica Ltd is a rapidly growing technology company that develops strategically important web based solutions within the clinical research sector. This is a growth sector with over £50bn spent in 2008 as pharmaceutical and biotech companies continue to invest in R&D in order to discover novel products and develop new revenue streams. Infonetica products are in use in the UK at both national and local levels, and are both scalable and global in their application.
The company is now expanding internationally, with government and private sector contracts in Europe, US, Canada and Australia. A unique web based product set has been developed that assists in streamlining processes, and crucially reducing clinical trial start up times. A major factor contributing to slow clinical trial start up times is the time taken for pharmaceutical companies and other applicants to obtain permissions. These have to be given by ethics committees, participating sites, specialist regulatory authorities and other relevant bodies. Infonetica’s core product set has helped establish a cohesive approach to processing application data and obtaining permissions. Our products have been adopted nationally by the Department of Health within the UK resulting in huge efficiencies and significantly decreased permission times. The systems in use in the United Kingdom are unique and proven, and have created a vastly improved environment in which pharmaceutical companies can conduct research. The political desire to attract pharmaceutical R&D revenues is high in most developed, and many of the developing economies, and as such they are seeking to address the same problems that existed within the UK, thereby creating the market for Infonetica products.
Infonetica’s product set includes:
- Clinical research ethics application processing and integrated application system: RED (Research Ethics Database) and IRAS (The Integrated Research Application System)
- Clinical Research site - application, permissions and management software: ReDA (Research Database Application) and CSP ReDA (Coordinated System for gaining Permission)
- Clinical research online training course, with centralised monitoring, for all staff involved within clinical trials: Online GCP (Online Good Clinical Practice)
- Human tissue tracking software: Tissue auditor
These web based solutions are used by over 40,000 clinical research staff globally and are fully supported by trained helpdesk staff, strict service level agreements, and a high level of security. Infonetica have developed a strong governmental and institutional contracted client base.
UK clients include:
- Over 150 NHS Trusts including major London based trusts
- National Institute for Health Research
- National Research Ethics Service, a division of the National Patient Safety Agency
Overseas clients include:
- Australia, Queensland Health
- Australia, New South Wales Health
- Slovenia, National Medical Ethics Committee
- US, Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
- Canada, Research Ethics Boards (REBs)